"Supreme Audit Institution Of India"
Functions & Responsibilities
Functions & Responsibilities of Office of the Accountants General.
- Maintenance and submission of monthly State Civil Accounts to the Finance Department of the Govt. of Punjab.
- Preparation and submission of Appropriation and Finance Accounts to the Governor of Punjab for presenting to the State Legislature.
- Submission of material for the preparation of Central Finance Account to the Controller General of Accounts, Govt. of India, Ministry of Finance, in respect of Union Territory Administration, Chandigarh.
- Entitlement functions relating to the issue of pay slips to the Governor, the Ministers and the Members of the State Legislative Assembly.
- Maintenance of Accounts and issue of ‘no dues certificate’ in the case of long term advances taken by the State Government employees.
- Maintenance of detailed account of Loans given to Local Bodies/Statutory Corporations by the State Government.
- Authorisation of pension and other retirement benefits to the retiring Punjab State Government employees.
- Treasury Inspection and preparation of Annual Review on inspection on Treasuries.
- Authorisation of pension and other retirement benefits to the retiring employees of U.T. Administration, Chandigarh.
- Authorisation of pension and other retirement benefits to the Hon’ble Judges of Punjab & Haryana High Court and its employees.
- Grants and loans given by Government to Bodies and Authorities for specific purposes.
- Maintenance of G.P.F. accounts relating of employees of U.T. Administration, Chandigarh.
- Preparation of Combined Finance & Revenue Account.
- Administrative control of DAS/DAOS posted in Divisional officers of the State Govt./BBMB and RSD projects.